Friday, August 14, 2015

Grandma Dot's 100 year birthday!!!

Saturday was the big day for Grandma's second party.  She had one on her real birthday in March, but this one was the big one for all family and friends so it was easier for all the great-grand kids to get there because of school.


My two aunts set up all the tables with pictures throughout her years.


They also put her picture on the bottom of Hershey kisses


My aunts also did up this pamphlet with a baby picture on the front and many facts about  the year she  was born.  Did you know that my Grandma is older than sliced bread?  Yep I couldn't believe it either.  LOL


My Grandma and me - I sure love this lady!


My parents, brother, the boys and myself with Grandma - she does look fabulous!!


Whenever my Grandma say us, she always kissed us on the forehead.  As the years went by, we grew taller and then we had to start bending down and it is Grandma so you do it!!!  ;-)


Grandma with half of her great-grandkids!!!  The other half weren't able to make it unfortunately.


And the grandkids that were able to make it!


My aunt also put her picture on all the water bottles!  They did it all up!


AJ and Michael told me that they wanted to pour the sparkling cider and hand out the water for the party.  They volunteered for this and they did such a great job, going around handing out drinks and cake to all the guests, which there were quite a few!


You have to love a small town where you can still ride in the back of a truck and not get in trouble - well as long as they don't catch you.  My boys LOVED it!!!


For this dinner we had extended family at the house for dinner over 50 people eating and celebrating my grandma's life!


Makayla getting her baby fix with Sir Henry - I have to admit I had to get mine as well.  But a few minutes is all I need - not looking for another one.  :-)


Michael relaxing in my mom's favorite skychair!!!


My Aunt Joan and Aunt Kay did a little program for Grandma and it was hilarious!!!


They said they had to put caution tape up around her so the little kids wouldn't go near her and possibly trip her.


They had a hard hat, a funny cane, a caution sign and so much more.  My grandma was laughing so hard she was crying.


The crew watching the show.


By the end of the show she was speechless, which is really hard to do to my grandma.  It was awesome!!!!


One of my grandma's friends gave her this martini glass for when the doctor says she can only have one drink!


This was a picture of Grandma and her best friend from elementary school, unfortunately she passed away a few years ago.  That is one thing when you live to be 100 you do outlive many of your friends.  But she stays positive about life which is wonderful!


Our cooks for the evening, my cousin Chuck and my dad!!


AJ's turn in the skychair - he looks way too comfortable.


So the cooks were a little behind so they decided to start on their sides.


This just makes me smile, family, friends, good food, nothing is better!!!  There are so many wonderful things about living over seas, but living away from family is a little hard.


Grandma surrounded by her family and friends, she is in heaven!!!


A beautiful sunset.  After that my brother and I headed down to the after party of my 20 year reunion.  I was able to see some people that I didn't see the night before.  It was a good time on both accounts!!!


My dad's cousin Kathy makes the BEST ginger snap cookies ever.  She brought some over, but we were waiting until everybody was gone so we didn't have to share with as many people.  Well since I went down to the reunion, my cousin Chuck and his daughter broke into the cookies while I was gone.  They used my camera to take photos as proof.  They also decided to short sheet me, so when I got home at 2 am I had to re-make my bed.  LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment