Friday, August 21, 2015

Pullman - Day 2

On Monday, Mary thought a walk around the town would be a great idea!!  I thought so too!!  The boys needed to get some energy out and I hadn't been down town in awhile.


The boys are off and running!!!


The boys were trying hard not to let me take their pictures - but I caught them here.


Michael trying to get away from the photos!  LOL


AJ thought he made it away from me, but I still got him!!!!


Micheal decided he needed to let the inner monkey out and started climbing on the rocks.


I love old bridges - the boys are walking over the old train tracks.  It reminds me of my childhood a little bit walking on the train tracks.


Everybody watching their step as they walk over the rickety old bridge.


We even found an old buggy for the boys to ride in.  Unfortunately the tires were flat so they weren't going anywhere fast.


The boys were trying to peek inside the train and Michael just decided to climb on over.


They both made it over and was trying to see what made it tick.  Unfortunately the doors were locked so they couldn't go in.


While the boys were playing around on the train, Mary and Mom were walking and talking, looking so peaceful!


My granddaddy was honored as the citizen of the year for Pullman a few years back and they put his name downtown.  It was really cool to see his name down there, he was a great man!


The next stop - Ferdinand's - my favorite ice cream shop!!!!  I would have to say it might be better than gelato in Europe which is saying a lot!


LOVE, LOVE their ice cream!!!!  They had my favorite one this time!  And we went before lunch so I had plenty of room for two scoops.  They make their own ice cream from their own cows, you can't get too much fresher ice cream than that!!!!



Here is where they make some of my favorite cheese - Cougar Gold.  This is where they make all the cheese at Washington State University.  Like I said they get fresh milk from their own cows.  They had put it in a major chain store and they sold the cheese so fast they couldn't keep up, so they had to take it back out again.


They had a great video on the cheese and ice cream making.  It was very interesting.


After that we headed up to the bookie.  The boys lack good book stores in Germany, so they were in heaven looking at all the books and this wasn't even a big book store.


The boys were pretty shopped out, so we decided to head home after one last stop to get some cougar gear.  And where did the boys want to go - you guessed it, right into the pool!!!


The boys were having fun diving for rings and they were getting really good at it in the deep end.


Mom decided to join the boys in the pool to cool off a little.


Michael and Grandma having a great time in the pool together!!!!


After showers they decided to try and finish the puzzle, and finish it they did!!!


What is an evening without playing a game - spinner dominoes.  It was a lot of fun!!!  We had a wonderful day, full of many great activities and so nice to be able to hang out with Great Grandma Mary!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment